We will do our best to fully respond to any questions you may have.
Your privacy is very important to us. Canadian Meds USA and its affiliated Canadian pharmacy recognize your right to have your personal information safeguarded and we are committed to protecting your privacy. We maintain the highest professional standards for confidentiality and we do not sell or otherwise provide customer information to any other business entity. In order to better inform the visitors to our website and our customers, we are providing this explanation of both our online and offline information practices.
Where and to the extent applicable, CMUSA and TCDS have implemented, and continue to assess on an ongoing basis, policies and procedures designed to fully comply (and in many cases exceed) the requirements of 1.) HIPAA (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) under U.S. federal law, 2.) The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act under Canadian federal law, and 3.) The Personal Health Information Act of the Province of Manitoba. As part of this commitment, TCDS follows the Privacy Principles described in the Act to govern our actions as they relate to the use of personal information.
The Privacy Principles are as follows:
- Accountability. TCDS is responsible for maintaining and protecting any personal information under its control.
- Identifying Purposes. The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified before or at the time the information is collected.
- Consent. The knowledge and consent of the Customer are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information except where required or permitted by law.
- Limiting Collection. The personal information collected must be limited to those details necessary for the purposes identified by TCDS. Information must be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention. Personal information may only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected unless the Customer has otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. Personal information may only be retained for the period of time required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
- Accuracy. Personal information must be maintained in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguarding Personal information. Personal information must be protected by security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information.
- Openness. TCDS is required to make information available to Customers concerning the policies and practices that apply to the management of their personal information.
- Customer Access. Upon request, a Customer shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of their information, and shall be given access to it. Customers may verify the accuracy and completeness of their information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate.
The guidelines below set forth the principles we use in gathering, using, maintaining and protection personal information you provide us.
The Types of Personal Information We Collect
CMUSA and TCDS gather and use information that is necessary for fulfilling your orders for our products and services, which typically includes the following personal information:
- mailing address
- e-mail address
- telephone numbers
- referral source (if applicable)
- the name of your primary physician and his or her contact information
- date of birth
- the existence and types of drug allergies
- medications requested
- family medical history information
- your personal medical history information
- details of your existing medications
- banking information (including transit and account numbers) (if the "electronic debit" option is used)
- prescription information
The choice to provide us with personal information is always yours. However, your decision to withhold particular details may limit the products and services we are able to provide and make it more difficult for us to advise you or suggest appropriate alternatives. If we are unable to accommodate your request based on the information that has been provided, we may ask for additional details in order to identify other ways to be of assistance. We may also maintain a file containing contact history that is used for customer inquiry purposes.
We may collect anonymous/non-personal information. Anonymous/non-personal information is information that cannot be associated with or traced back to a specific individual or business entity.
The Purposes for which we use Personal Information
We use your personal information to communicate with you, enhance your visit to our website, process your prescription orders and effectively provide the products and services you have requested. In certain instances, we may provide your personal information to a licensed physician to review and approve your prescription.
We may also use your personal information to offer additional products and services sold by CMUSA and/or TCDS. In the event of a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of TCDS, records containing personal information may be transferred to the purchaser. We will not furnish your personal information to an outside organization for its use in marketing or solicitation, without your prior consent.
We only use your personal information for the purposes that we have disclosed to you. If for any reason your information is required to fulfill a different purpose, we will notify you and ask you for your consent before we proceed.
In some instances such as a legal proceeding or court order, we may also be required to disclose certain information to authorities. Only the information specifically requested is disclosed and we will take precautions to satisfy ourselves that the authorities who are making the request have legitimate grounds to do so.
There are some situations where we are legally permitted to disclose personal information such as a medical emergency or suspicion of illegal activities.
When you visit our website, information is not collected that could identify you personally unless you choose to provide it voluntarily. You are welcome to browse our website at any time anonymously and privately without revealing any personal information about yourself.
We use current technologies and maintain security standards to ensure that your personal information is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, inappropriate alteration or misuse. All safety and security measures are also appropriate to the sensitivity level of your information. Electronic client files are kept in a secured environment with restricted access. Paper-based files are stored in restricted access areas.
We manage our server environment appropriately and our firewall infrastructure is strictly adhered to. Our security practices are reviewed periodically and we employ current technologies to assist us in protecting the confidentiality and privacy of your information.
In the course of daily operations, we attempt to restrict access to personal information to authorized employees who have a legitimate business purpose and reason for accessing it. As a condition of their employment, all employees of TCDS are required to sign a confidentiality agreement, abide by the privacy standards we have established and to follow all applicable laws and regulations. Unauthorized access to and/or disclosure of client information by an employee of CMUSA or TCDS is strictly prohibited. All employees are expected to maintain the confidentiality of personal information at all times and failing to do so will result in appropriate disciplinary measures, which may include dismissal.
Accessing and Amending Your Information
Decisions are often made based on the information we have. Therefore, it is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. As a customer, you have the right to access, verify and amend the information held in your personal and financial files.
To help us keep your personal information up-to-date, we encourage you to amend inaccuracies and make corrections as often as necessary. Despite our efforts, errors sometimes do occur. Should you identify any incorrect or out-of-date information in your file(s), we will make the proper changes and provide you with a copy of the corrected information. Where appropriate, we will communicate these changes to other parties who may have unintentionally received incorrect information from us.